Friday, September 2, 2011

Currently

This week I finished Tweak, The Power of Six and started Bright Lights, Big City which if you were to read my post from yesterday you would find that I have a strong dislike for Bright Lights, Big City. I didn't finish this book which makes my grand total of books this semester 2 1/2.

Pages This week 583
Pages this semester 802
Books Read: 2 1/2

The 3 sentences I am choosing to write about this are ones that come from Bright Lights, Big City. Just because I really don't like this book and need to vent about it.

1." You are not the kind of guy who would be at a place like this at this time of the morning."
        The reason why I don't like this sentence is because if this guy, Jay, isn't the person who would be there then why is he there?

2. "There is a shabby nobilitiy in failing all by yourself."
       Jay's coworkers all offered to help him edit this difficult piece, but no, he had to reject their help and fail.

3. "Here you are again. All messed up and no place to go."
       This guy has a great job, family, friends and a nice place to live. I just don't get how someone doesn't accept the help everyone is offering to him.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment