Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Currently

Favorite sentances of the month include:

Tell me about your despair, yours, and I will tell you mine
Meanwhile the world goes on."

This comes from the poem "Wild Geese" by Mary Oliver. This is one of my favorites because to me it's just flat out honest. Also, the fact that she may be writing to someone who she trusts and loves opens up a whole new perspective on it too.

"Someone spoke to me last night,
told me the truth."

This sentance comes from the poem "Dust" by Dorianne Laux. I like it so much because I feel like it is hard to come by the pure truth.

"There is a shabby nobilitiy in failing all by yourself."
This one comes from Bright Lights, Big City. For some odd reason that cannot be explained this sentance is growing on me. Initally I hated it, but now the idea of not dragging others down with you is sort of noble.


This week:
Pages Read: 236
Books Read: 1 and 1/4
Total Pages this semester: 1771

No comments:

Post a Comment